Thursday, December 24, 2009

Would you return a Christmas present if it offended you? eg. expensive perfume tested on animals, fur ornament?

Absolutely. We have a rule in our family- if you don't like something, you can take it back and the giver will not be offended. We want the receiver to like or have use for the gift.Would you return a Christmas present if it offended you? eg. expensive perfume tested on animals, fur ornament?
I have no idea what a fur ornament is. But it seems like this topic deals with fur so yeah i'd say i'd return the item. I think if someone gives you an item that offends you you should talk to them and let them know that the reason your returning the item is because it's offending you, and that way they will understand that items like that will offend you.





Even if you've told them such items like that offend you before and they are doing it again, it doesn't hurt to tell them how you feel. It's better to be honest about it, than to let it eat away at you on the inside. And if they are offended by the fact that your returning the item, let them know that keeping the item it more offending to you because of what it is.





I don't recommend doing the secret exchange thing, because people tend to want to see you with the item they've given you. Lying about it will only hurt their feelings, so just tell them about it and return it. It might hurt their feelings anyway, but atleast you were honest with them.Would you return a Christmas present if it offended you? eg. expensive perfume tested on animals, fur ornament?
Not to the person who gave it to me, NO. But for that, all Vegans and Vegetarians should ask for gift cards, or at least specify what you would like to receive for Christmas. I would simply put it on ebay and buy myself something that I liked. If they asked, then I would remind them, well you do know I am Vegan or Vegetarian or even ethical , whatever. I did not want to offend you by selling it, but I just do not believe in that.





But let me tell you something. I have no problem with Vegans and Veggies, only that you cannot expect everyone to also accept your ways and beliefs, because everyone is entitled to their own as well.





Merry Christmas.
I would graciously thank the person who gave it to me, as Im sure they wouldnt know me well if they got me something I cant/wont use...


then i would give it to a shelter or some other entity that can use it. (for perfumes or such, I may give hint that Im allergic - and ask if the giver minds if I pass it on to someone who can wear it)
I'm well known as a well read intellectual in my family but my father and his wife had the audacity to give me and my non-practicing Catholic wife a $50 leather bound King James Bible for Xmas one year. Talk about clueless and insulting. I finally sold it on eBay and did mention it to my father.
Nope...if it were something I were allergic to ( like peanuts) I'd give it tp someone else ....maybe. otherwise...I'd not return it. The only time I could do that would be with an item of clothing that didn't fit, then in THAT situation I'd try to exchange it only.
absolutely. what would be the point of keeping it? with the economy the way it is, don't take anything for granted. if its not something you are not going to use, return it and get something you will enjoy. there's no shame in that.
Well fortunately I'm not easily offended. And what the hell is a fur ornament?


I'd imagine that whoever would buy you something expensive should know if you'd be offended. Or they're just not well-researched enough.
Well I would try to do it as diplomatic as I could and maybe accept it in the first instant not to embarrassing the person, but later tell her that I would not sue the gift and could I exchange it for something else .
No I wouldn't.......if the item has offended you in some way give it to a charity shop, or put it on ebay and donate the money to a good cause!:o)
If it was not to my liking, yes. But, it would not make the giver aware of my trade in.
if it offends you then i guess you should.no not me though.if i cared bout the person and they werent doing it to piss me off
well i would keep it because i wouldn't want to offend the person who gave it to me but i probably wouldn't use it.
I will not be offended. I'll give it away. http://gifti.us/
No. What's the point of offending the giver. Either take it back to the shop or don't use it.
No one would buy me such things as they know me too well!
No I keep anything anyone gives me even if I don't like it much.
proplay yes
yes i would.

No comments:

Post a Comment