Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm doing a chemistry project and I need to know the basic chemicals for expensive brands of perfume.?

I'm doing a chemistry project and I need to know the basic chemicals for expensive brands of perfume. Could anyone please help me in this?I'm doing a chemistry project and I need to know the basic chemicals for expensive brands of perfume.?
Expensive perfumes use flower and plant extracts, not pure chemicals. Sometimes there are more than 1,000 different compunds in a single perfume. If I were you, I'd pick a different project. Try looking at the difference between natural and artificial vanilla, for example.I'm doing a chemistry project and I need to know the basic chemicals for expensive brands of perfume.?
There are no basic chemicals present in all perfumes. Each perfume is unique and contains a unique blend. Most ingredients are either natural sources (from plants and animals) or synthetic sources created in the lab.





BTW, I would guess that the chemicals/ingredients are the same in the cheaper brands, but the more expensive brands use a higher quality/ or a more highly concentrated version of the same ingredients.





For more info., check out this site


and look in Section 3, Aromatics Sources:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfume#Aro鈥?/a>
Well the all contain ethanol, which is why they feel cold when you spare them. Also water is amjor component of most perfumes.Water and ethanol make up the carrier of the scent this is the actual bulk of the perfume probably around 80%





The scent of the perfume comes from very many differnt classes of compounds for instance.


You have essential oils like spearmint oil, or sandelwood etc all from natural plants.


Also there are single organic molecules, some natural, most synthetic, p-anisaldehye( almond scent) or eugenol (cloves, nutmeg) etc lots of thesse actual some perfumes have literaly thousands of molecules.


Must of the compounds that are relate to the scent have a polar nature to them and are normally aromatic rings that are substituted. There are compounds that are m,ade just by altering one hydroxy position on natural occuring molecules to make whole new smells.





If you want to do aproject int this i would recomend team up with someone who has access to a nice GC/MS. but it will still be very difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment